This is the United States and we still have the freedom of speech so they may post all they want. Today's blog is the response given to these postings by women. After going through other postings it stands out that many of my own gender (female if you don't know me), join in and promote the degradation of our gender. Ladies we are at times our own worst critic. We talk about each other and put each other down. We stand with the "popular" afraid of not being accepted. We build walls of protection from fear of being vulnerable. We are so busy worrying about what someone else is thinking about us we don't live the life we are meant to live.
Today I encourage each of you to think about your own life:
- What are the messages I send to others about myself and women as a whole?
- Do I give respect to myself and others?
- Do I stand silent when my voice needs to be heard?
- Am I part of my own belittlement?
- Do I hide in the shadow so I won't be seen because it feels safer?